Water Housing for Canon 5D Mk IV Product Overview
Our C2100 Water housing for Canon 5D Mk IV is sold as a ready to use kit ; just add your camera, lens, and you’re ready to start creating images in and around the water.
The C2100 kit includes:
- an extremely durable, impact resistant polyurethane resin water housing,
- an acrylic back plate with access to your DSLR’s essential controls,
- a pistol grip equipped with our proprietary dual-stage autofocus trigger which allows precise control of your lens focus,
- an interchangeable port (our Water Housing for Canon 5D Mk IV uses our L Mount Port Series),
- a rugged left side hand grip, a camera tray, an auxiliary front shutter button (on the advanced version only)
- and our ultra-smooth zoom control*
This is a complete water ready system; all you add is the camera and lens and you are equipped to go.
Our Liquid Eye Model C2100 Water housing for Canon 5D Mk IV is compatible with several different other camera bodies, all that is needed to switch from one to another is to switch the camera tray, the back plate (for Advanced Models only), the camera plug (if the two cameras use different plugs) and the Shutter Extender (for Advanced Models only).
This complete housing system is affordably priced with no hidden fees – your price already includes handling and shipping.
* Zoom lenses require a gear sleeve to engage the water housings zoom control. These are subject to additional cost.
- Housing made from High-strength, Durable Polyurethane resin
- Acrylic Back Plate (12mm / 1/2″ thick)
- Pistol Grip is Dual Stage AF/Shutter (allows for both focusing and firing using one button) with Wrist Leash
- Port is Interchangeable L Mount Port System for the Nikon Lens Series
- Left Side Hand Grip is Ergonomic and Strong
- Stainless Steel Controls are Ergonomic Marine Grade Stainless
- Lens Zoom Control Ready
- Camera Tray System is Interchangeable
- Auxiliary Front Shutter Control Button
Size and Weight
- Width: 200mm (7.75”)
- Height: 180mm (7”)
- Depth: 110mm (4.25”)
- Weight: 1700g (3.7lbs.) Housing with Back Plate, PGXII Pistol Grip, L-Side Grip and L-LP-65 Port.
- Polyurethane Body, Ports, Side Grip, Base Plate and Tray.
- Acrylic Back Plate.
- Stainless Steel and Durable Composite Controls.
- High Strength Polyurethane Resin and Rubber Pistol Grip
On the housing
- Front shutter button (not included on the standard model)
- Zoom control
On the STANDARD back plate
- Plain Back Plate with no Controls
On the Advanced Back Plate
- AF Point Selection
- AF On
- Quick Control (Q Menu)
- Multi-Controller 1-Way
- Zoom In
- Rear Quick Control Dial
- Live View Shooting Movie Combo Switch with Start/Stop Button
- Soft Ergonomic Rubber Eye Cup
What’s in the Box of the Water Housing for Canon 5D Mk IV ?
- C2100 Water Housing with Front Shutter, Zoom Control and Electronic Cabling
- Camera Tray and Base Plate
- Acrylic Back Plate with Controls
- PGXII Dual Stage AF Pistol Grip with Wrist Leash.
- Left Side Hand Grip
- L-LP-65 Port with Rubber Foam Cover (or credit towards the port of your choice)
- Tool kit – 3 Hex Keys (1.5mm, 2mm, 4mm), Spare Camera Plug and ILS Switch, 2 Spare 5×16 SS Hex screws, 2 spare 5x12mm SS Flat Head Machine Screws, Packet of Marine Grease.
Recommended Accessories View all
Photographs are not to scale and do not represent the exact relative sizes of the respective products.
About the Canon EOS 5D Mk IV
With more professional and amateur photographers getting involved in video projects, the newest DSLR’s are expected to shoot both high-quality photos and high definition video. With Canon’s launch of the 5D Mark IV in August 2016, one of the most dramatic improvements over the Mark III was the ability to shoot 4K video – the new standard in film production.
CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 6+ Image Processor
Being the expert in digital photography, Canon continues to make breakthroughs in delivering state-of-the-art sensors and processors. Attempting to strike a balance between high resolution and low-light performance, the Canon 5D Mark IV provides photographers with a powerful 30.4MP resolution. Its CMOS sensor got increased without compromising the unit’s sensitivity.
Paired with the latest DIGIC 6+ mage Processor, the Mark IV is capable of capturing crisp photos with speed and power. With these two powerful technologies, the device can offer an impressive performance with an ISO range of 100-32,000. This can even be expanded up to 50-102,400.
The CMOS sensor also comes with face detection and a flicker detection to help balance the right exposure even in less than ideal lighting situations. Additionally, the shooting rate of the Mark IV is a total upgrade from Mark III as it clocks up to 7 fps making it the new best friend of action and water photographers.
The 5D series of Canon has always underscored versatility as one of its key selling points and this is further bolstered by the introduction of Mark IV. The metering sensor of the Canon 5D Mark IV is the 150,000-pixel RGB+IR which makes capturing difficult scenes easier and with comfort.
The autofocus feature of the Mark IV has been completely upgraded with the addition of the Dual Pixel CMOS AF. The High Density Reticular AF system of the device provides 61 phase-detect points making it easier to track subjects on the frame.
This machine is ideal for shooting videos because of its Dual Pixel CMOS AF. With this advancement added to the actual imaging sensor, users can autofocus faster and more accurately.
4K Video Recording
Both professional and amateur photographers rave about the 4K video recording capacity of the Mark IV, which is the new standard in film production. It can record 4096 x 2160 resolution up to 30 fps. This feature is in addition to its capacity to capture Full HD 1080p at 60 fps and HD 720p at 120fps.
Users can either get an optional external mic for the audio or rely on the onboard stereo microphone. Via the 3.5mm headphone jack, real-time audio monitoring is made possible.
The 4K video recording also comes with the capability to take 8.8MP still frames during playback with the use of the touchscreen. The captured frames can then be saved as a single image.
Dual Pixel RAW
This new feature requires Canon’s Digital Photo Professional 4.5 Software. The introduction of the Dual Pixel RAW allows users to capture information that the unique pixel of the sensor can deliver. With this, users can make fine adjustments even after the image was taken so they can provide focus to extra details of the captured image.
There is a built-in intervalometer on the device, which allows the creation of time-lapse imagery. Other than setting the camera to capture unlimited frames, the device is automatically set to capture 1-99 consecutive frames with a span of 1 second up to 100 hours.