Our C2080 Advanced Water Housing for Canon EOS R8.
The C2080 Advanced Water Housing for Canon EOS R8 kit includes:
- an extremely durable, impact resistant polyurethane resin water housing and backplate,
- a camera tray,
- 2 stage electronic front shutter button
- and our ultra-smooth AZC zoom control*
- 1 year warranty (see T&C for details)
- rated to 10m/33ft depth
Our Liquid Eye Model C2080 Advanced Water Housing for Canon EOS R8, is also compatible with the EOS R5, R6, R6 MkII and R7. All that is needed to switch from one to another is to switch the camera tray, the back plate, the camera plug (as the two cameras use different plugs) and some small specific controls on the housing shell.
* Zoom lenses require a gear sleeve to engage the water housings zoom control. These are subject to additional cost.
- Housing made from High-strength, Durable Polyurethane resin
- High Strength Polyurethane transparent resin Back Plate
- Left Side Hand Grip is Ergonomic and Strong
- Right Side Hand Grip (optional)
- Stainless Steel Controls are Ergonomic Marine Grade Stainless
- AZC Zoom Control System
- Camera Tray System is Interchangeable
- 2 Stage Electronic Front Shutter Control Button
Size and Weight
- Width: 234mm (9.21”)
- Height: 199,5mm (7.85”)
- Depth: 126,5mm (4.98”)
- Weight: 1800g. (3.95lbs.) Housing with Back Plate, L-Side Grip.
- Polyurethane Body, Back Plate, Side Grip, Base Plate and Tray.
- Stainless Steel and Durable Composite Controls.
- High Strength Polyurethane Resin and Rubber Grip
On the housing
- 2 Stage Electronic Front Shutter Button
- AZC Zoom control
- Flash connection port
- GoPro Mount ready
- Front dial control
- M-fn button control
- Movie Record button control
On the Back Plate
- Star (AE-lock)
- AF point selection button control
- Power/multifunction lock switch control
- Still/video switch control
- 4 Way D-Pad Control
- Q/Set Button
- Mode Dial
- Menu button control
- Playback button control
- Erase button control
- Info button control
- Focus point selector button control
- Soft Ergonomic Rubber Eye Cup
What’s in the Box of the C2080 Advanced Water Housing for Canon R8?
- C2080 Water Housing with Front Shutter, Zoom Control and Electronic Cabling.
- Camera Base Plate and Tray.
- Back Plate with Controls.
- Left Side Grip
- Cable system
- Tool kit – 3 Hex Keys (1.5mm, 2mm, 4mm), Spare Camera Plug and ILS Switch, 2 Spare 5×16 SS Hex screws, 2 spare 5x12mm SS Flat Head Machine Screws, Packet of Marine Grease.
About the Canon R8
The Canon EOS R8 is a High-quality videos can be recorded in 4K 60p (6K oversampled) or Full HD 180p. The 10-bit Canon Log 3 format will greatly increase your post-processing flexibility. EOS iTR AF X and Dual Pixel CMOS AF II ensure pin-sharp focus for both photo and video.
Capture high-quality 24.2-megapixel images at up to 40 frames per second with highly accurate burst shooting.
- Approx. 24.2MP full-frame CMOS sensor & approx. 461g
- 4K 60p (6K oversampled) with Canon Log 3 & FHD 180p
- Up to 40 fps & EOS iTR AF X
The Canon EOS R8 is a full-frame mirrorless camera that weighs only about 461g but packs a powerful punch with high performance. This is the ideal content creation tool for budding photographers and videographers who need something powerful yet portable and future-proof.
Through the 6K oversampling process that employs the debayer algorithm used in the CINEMA EOS System, the EOS R8 produces stunning 4K quality videos even at 60p. Enjoy improved video clarity and noise reduction over native 4K recordings.
Canon EOS R8 offers flexible 8-bit and YCbCr 4:2:2 10-bit options for casual content creators and professionals who need post-production colour adjustments.
Use HDR PQ to record HDR-compatible movies with high brightness, wide gradation, and wide colour gamut without colour grading or simply use a Picture Style preset to simplify your workflow further.
Canon Log 3 can permit richer colour expression, even in high-contrast scenes, if you prefer greater colour control in post-production.
The camera’s angle of view changes slightly during focus racking while recording video, causing an annoying ‘pulsing’ effect in the footage. The EOS R8 corrects this automatically when a compatible lens is used, ensuring a smooth and natural result consistently.
Autofocus speeds as fast as 0.03 seconds make it possible to focus in the blink of an eye. In addition to its high-precision AF/AE system, the EOS R8 can shoot at up to 40fps in electronic shutter mode and 6fps in electronic first curtain shutter mode with AF/AE tracking enabled.
The 40fps silent burst is useful in situations that require silence, such as live performances or wildlife photography.
Overall, the Canon EOS R8 is a versatile and powerful camera that offers a great combination of high-quality image and video capabilities, fast autofocus, and a compact and lightweight design. These features make it an ideal choice for use in the Liquid Eye C2080 water housing.