Water Housing for Sony Alpha 99 Mark II α99 II A99 Mk II Product Overview
Our C2100 Water Housing for Nikon D850 is sold as a ready to use kit. Just add your camera, lens, and you’re ready to start creating images in and around the water.
The C2100 kit includes:
- an extremely durable, impact resistant polyurethane resin water housing,
- an acrylic back plate with access to your DSLR’s essential controls,
- a pistol grip equipped with our proprietary dual-stage autofocus trigger which allows precise control of your lens focus,
- an interchangeable port (our Water Housing for Sony Alpha 99 Mark II α99 II A99 Mk II uses our L Mount Port Series),
- a rugged left side hand grip, a camera tray, an auxiliary front shutter button (on the advanced version only)
- and our ultra-smooth zoom control*
This is a complete water ready system; all you add is the camera and lens and you are equipped to go.
Our Liquid Eye Model C2100 Water Housing for Sony Alpha 99 Mark II α99 II A99 Mk II is compatible with over 20 others different camera bodies. All that is needed to switch from one to another is to switch the camera tray, the back plate (for Advanced Models only), the camera plug (if the two cameras use different plugs) and the Shutter Extender (for Advanced Models only).
This complete housing system is affordably priced with no hidden fees – your price already includes handling and shipping.
* Zoom lenses require a gear sleeve to engage the water housings zoom control. These are subject to additional cost.
- Housing made from High-strength, Durable Polyurethane
- Pistol Grip is Dual Stage AF/Shutter (allows for both focusing and firing using one button) with Wrist Leash
- Port is Interchangeable LP Port System for the Canon Lens Series
- Left Side Hand Grip is Ergonomic and Strong
- Stainless Steel Controls are Ergonomic Marine Grade Stainless
- Lens Zoom Control Ready
- Camera Tray System is Interchangeable
- Auxiliary Front Shutter Control Button
Size and Weight
- Width: 200mm (7.75”)
- Height: 180mm (7”)
- Depth: 110mm (4.25”)
- Weight: 1700g. (3.7lbs.) Housing with Back Plate, PG5 Pistol Grip, L-Side Grip and L-LP-65 Port
- High Strength Polyurethane Resin Body, Ports, Side Grip, Camera Tray and Base Plate
- Acrylic Back Plate
- Marine Grade Stainless Steel and Durable Composite Controls
- Polyester Resin and Fiberglass Pistol Grip
- 10 meters (33 ft.)
On the housing
- Front Shutter Button (not included on the standard model)
- Zoom Control
On the Standard Back Plate
- No Controls on the Acrylic Back Plate
On the Advanced Back Plate
- Rear Dial
- Multi-Selector 1-Way
- Soft Ergonomic Rubber Eye Cup
What’s in the Box of the Water Housing for Sony Alpha 99 Mark II α99 II A99 Mk II ?
- C2100 Water Housing with Front Shutter, Zoom Control and Electronic Cabling
- Camera Tray and Base Plate
- Acrylic Back Plate with Controls
- PG5 Dual Stage AF Pistol Grip with Wrist Leash.
- Left Side Hand Grip
- L-LP-65 Port with Neoprene Cover (or credit towards the port of your choice)
- Tool kit – 3 Hex Keys (1.5mm, 2mm, 4mm), Spare Camera Plug and ILS Switch, 2 Spare 5×16 SS Hex screws, 2 spare 5x12mm SS Flat Head Machine Screws, Packet of Marine Grease.
Recommended Accessories View All>
Photographs are not to scale and do not represent the exact relative sizes of the respective products.
About the Sony Alpha 99 Mark II α99 II A99 Mk II
Added to the line in September 2016, the Sony α99 II Mirrorless Camera continued to improve the features that have made the Sony Mirrorless series into a formidable alternative to traditional DSLR’s for professional photographers and videographers.
Built around a 42.4 megapixel Full-Frame CMOS digital sensor and powered by a BIONZ X image processor – capable of capturing photos at a burst rate of up to 12 frames per second (fps) at full resolution. The α99 II features world’s first 79-point hybrid autofocus system with 15 cross-points. The Sony a99 II also features a 399-point focal plane AF sensor for one of the fastest, most-accurate AF systems available anywhere.
Capable of shooting full Ultra HD 4K quality video at up to 120 frames per second (fps) slow motion, professional productions can use the Sony a99 II to create the highest quality cinematic video. The autofocus system also works in video mode, enabling the tracking of moving subjects with live video. The Sony a99 II also features 5-axis SteadyShot INSIDE image stabilization system – capable of compensating for up to 4.5 stops of camera shake.
With an ISO range of 100-102,400, the Sony a99 II is well-suited for everything from night photography to low light surf and water sports photography. The camera body is also weather sealed for durability in and around the surf. Built tough for professional action photographers, the Sony a99 II is rated for up to 300,000 shutter cycles – double the typical rate of most digital SLR’s.
42.4 Megapixel Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor
Having the power of the full-frame R CMOS Sensor, the Sony a99 II is capable of producing high-resolution images under a wide variety of shooting condition. The back illuminated structure has been boosted further using an anti-reflective coating as well as gapless lens design. This design helps to maximize the camera’s light gathering abilities and ensures excellent performance even under low light conditions. This is due to the camera’s sensitivity range up to an ISO of 102400. In addition, this feature forgoes the use of optical low pass filter to guarantee the most remarkable images.
The remarkable CMOS sensor is combined with Sony’s BIONZ X image processing technology. This is a newly developed front end LSI that helps to dramatically improve the speed and throughput of the entire system. This enables the continuous shooting of AF/AE for up to 12 fps. In addition, 8 fps shooting is highly possible with full live view support. This means that there will not be any blackout time when shooting. Another advantage of the setup is the ability to process a 16-bit imaging and a 14 bit raw output that provides remarkable color fidelity and highly exceptional image quality.
The Sony a99 II also comes with a 5-axis SteadyShot within an image stabilization system. This feature compensates for the five types of camera shakes encountered during a handheld shooting of video and images. Such feature also allows photographers to confidently use any lenses, including adapted lenses during critical imaging without having to encounter any blur as a result of camera shake. The system compensates for about 4.5 stops of shutter speed that are working in a wide variety of subjects.
For longer focal lengths, the system will automatically correct for yaw adjustments and pitch. As a result, macro and high magnification imagery will benefit from the inclusion of the vertical and horizontal shift compensation. In addition, all shooting styles are going to benefit from the addition of the vertical and horizontal shift compensation. Moreover, all shooting styles can benefit from the roll compensation. All of the five axes of stabilization will work at all times even if used along with third party adapters or lenses that have built-in optical stabilization.
When you use lenses that cannot transmit imaging data directly to the camera, you can utilize the manual settings and input the proper focal length to ensure proper stabilization. In addition, the viewfinder can also be used in previewing the amount of compensation. This is done by pressing the shutter button halfway through or when magnifying the image.
Another big advantage of the Sony Alpha a99 II is its 5-axis SteadyShot stabilization system that can compensate for up to 4.5 stop of the shutter speed to achieve sharper images.
With this body, Sony presents here a very serious pretender to the historical brands like Canon and Nikon on the professional sports photographic market.