Water Housing for Panasonic Lumix GH4 Product Overview
Our C2100 Water Housing for Panasonic Lumix GH4 is sold as a ready to use kit. Just add your camera, lens, and you’re ready to start creating images in and around the water.
The C2100 kit includes:
- an extremely durable, impact resistant polyurethane resin water housing,
- an acrylic back plate with access to your DSLR’s essential controls,
- a pistol grip equipped with our proprietary dual-stage autofocus trigger which allows precise control of your lens focus,
- an interchangeable port (our Water Housing for Panasonic Lumix GH4 uses our L Mount Port Series),
- a rugged left side hand grip, a camera tray, an auxiliary front shutter button (on the advanced version only)
- and our ultra-smooth zoom control*
This is a complete water ready system; all you add is the camera and lens and you are equipped to go.
Our Liquid Eye Model C2100 Water Housing for Panasonic Lumix GH4 is compatible with several others different camera bodies. All that is needed to switch from one to another is to switch the camera tray, the back plate (for Advanced Models only), the camera plug (if the two cameras use different plugs) and the Shutter Extender (for Advanced Models only).
* Zoom lenses require a gear sleeve to engage the water housings zoom control. These are subject to additional cost.
- Housing made from High-strength, Durable Polyurethane
- Pistol Grip is Dual Stage AF/Shutter (allows for both focusing and firing using one button)
- Port is Interchangeable LP Port System for the Canon Lens Series
- Left Side Hand Grip is Ergonomic and Strong
- Stainless Steel Controls are Ergonomic Marine Grade Stainless
- Lens Zoom Control Ready
- Camera Tray System is Interchangeable
- Auxiliary Front Shutter Control Button
Size and Weight
- Width: 200mm (7.75”)
- Height: 180mm (7”)
- Depth: 110mm (4.25”)
- Weight: 1700g. (3.7lbs.) Housing with Back Plate, PG5 Pistol Grip, L-Side Grip and L-LP-65 Port
- High Strength Polyurethane Resin Body, Ports, Side Grip, Camera Tray and Base Plate
- Acrylic Back Plate
- Marine Grade Stainless Steel and Durable Composite Controls
- High Strength Polyurethane Resin and Rubber Pistol Grip
- 10 meters (33 ft.)
On the housing
- Front Shutter Button (not included on the standard model)
- Zoom Control
On the Standard Back Plate
- No Controls on the Acrylic Back Plate
On the Advanced Back Plate
- Top Rear Dial
- AF/AE Lock
- Right way Joystick
- Soft Ergonomic Rubber Eye Cup
What’s in the Box of the Water Housing for Panasonic Lumix GH4 ?
- C2100 Water Housing with Front Shutter, Zoom Control and Electronic Cabling
- Camera Tray and Base Plate
- Acrylic Back Plate with Controls
- PGXII Dual Stage AF Pistol Grip
- Left Side Hand Grip
- Tool kit – 3 Hex Keys (1.5mm, 2mm, 4mm), Spare Camera Plug and ILS Switch, 2 Spare 5×16 SS Hex screws, 2 spare 5x12mm SS Flat Head Machine Screws, Packet of Marine Grease.
Recommended Accessories View all
Photographs are not to scale and do not represent the exact relative sizes of the respective products.
About the Panasonic Lumix GH4
With the launch of the Panasonic Lumix GH4 Mirrorless camera in early 2014, surf and underwater photographers were given an excellent alternative to the traditional single lens reflex camera with a mirror.
Featuring a 16.05 megapixel micro Four Thirds optical MOS CCD sensor, the Panasonic Lumix GH4 produces RAW and JPEG photos at a burst rate of 12 frames per second. Tracking fast-moving subjects for sports and surf photography is made easier with the 49-point Custom Multi autofocus system.
Perhaps the most touted feature of the Panasonic Lumix GH4 is the ability to shoot full Ultra High Definition (UHD) 4K video at up to 30 frames per second (fps).
With an ISO range of 100-25,600, the Panasonic Lumix GH4 offers water shooters the ability to capture surf and underwater images in a wide range of lighting conditions. Weighing in at a lightweight 1.23 pounds, and more compact than a DSLR, the alloy body of the GH4 is light enough for a long swim, but strong and sturdy for work in the field. With a maximum shutter speed of 1/8000th of a second, the GH4 can freeze the fastest action in sports photography. Built from a rugged magnesium alloy frame, the GH4 is also splash / dustproof for reliability in the field. The professional grade shutter is rated for up to 200,000 cycles. Retailing at less than $900, the GH4 is an affordable alternative choice for water and action sports photographers.
Video Recording and Simultaneous Photo Capture
One of the best features of the Panasonic Lumix GH4 is its ability to capture unlimited 4K video recording along with a simultaneous photo capturing ability of 8.8 megapixel. You can readily print with high-res 8.8 MP still frames, which can also be recorded upon capturing the video. This feature has made Hybrid Photography to become a reality.
The 16 megapixel Digital MOS sensor allows the camera to capture high quality and high sensitivity image recording through its quick response feature. Moreover, its remarkable noise reduction feature allows for exposure up to 60 minutes long.
High Quality Video Creation
The Panasonic Lumix GH4 continuously evolves to deliver high quality and professional videos. This is made possible by its 4K video recording through MOV/MP4 or at a high bitrate recording of up to 200 mbps. This does not come with any limit on the recording time. With this camera, you can discover a lot of high-end functionality that results in a professional video quality.
Magnesium Alloy Body With Rugged Design
The Lumix GH4 is tough enough that it can withstand heavy use in the field. The camera is made from a combination of magnesium and alloy full die cast at the front and rear frame. The camera also comes with a splash and dust-proof construction and a sealing on every dial, joint and button.
Dual OLED Displays
The Lumix GH4 boasts a high speed and high precision dual OLED or Organic Light Emitting Diode, for a display of 2,359K-dot Live View Finder of about 1.34x or 0.67x. It also comes with a 1,036K dot-free angle monitor at the rear. These remarkable displays have allowed for a high-speed response in a minimum time lag while also enhancing the image resolution. The OLED for LVF features a 10,000:1 ratio of high contrast to achieve superior reproduction of color.
49-Area Auto Focus
In the Lumix GH3, the focus point is increased from 23 points to 49 points. However, in the Lumix GH4, it offers more flexibility for your convenience. The camera’s custom multi-mode has further extended such flexibility through its ability to freely select the blocks and to keep focus out of the 49 focusing blocks.
Real-Time Output on HDMI
The Panasonic Lumix GH4 is well capable of taking real time image output of 4:2:2 / 8 bit or 4:2:2 / 10 bit to its external monitor through the optional micro cable of HDMI. This is ideal for making videos professionally, which requires very serious monitoring. The camera allows you to choose output to record only certain content or to choose content through the individual setting menus, depending on the given display.
Wi-Fi with NFC Technology
The Panasonic Lumix GH4 has integrated Wi-Fi connectivity through NFC or Near Field Communication Technology. Through Panasonic’s imaging app, remote video and photo shooting will be available through a compatible tablet or smartphone.