Water Housing for Nikon D800 Product Overview
Our C2100 Water Housing for Nikon D800 is sold as a ready to use kit. Just add your camera, lens, and you’re ready to start creating images in and around the water.
The C2100 kit includes:
- an extremely durable, impact resistant polyurethane resin water housing,
- an acrylic back plate with access to your DSLR’s essential controls,
- a pistol grip equipped with our proprietary dual-stage autofocus trigger which allows precise control of your lens focus,
- an interchangeable port (our Water Housing for Nikon D800 uses our L Mount Port Series),
- a rugged left side hand grip, a camera tray, an auxiliary front shutter button (on the advanced version only)
- and our ultra-smooth zoom control*
This is a complete water ready system; all you add is the camera and lens and you are equipped to go.
Our Liquid Eye Model C2100 Water Housing for Nikon D800 is compatible with over 20 others different camera bodies. All that is needed to switch from one to another is to switch the camera tray, the back plate (for Advanced Models only), the camera plug (if the two cameras use different plugs) and the Shutter Extender (for Advanced Models only).
This complete housing system is affordably priced with no hidden fees – your price already includes handling and shipping.
* Zoom lenses require a gear sleeve to engage the water housings zoom control. These are subject to additional cost.
- Housing made from High-strength, Durable Polyurethane Resin
- Acrylic Back Plate (12mm / 1/2″ thick)
- Pistol Grip is Dual Stage AF/Shutter (allows for both focusing and firing using one button) with Wrist Leash
- Port is Interchangeable L Mount Port System for the Nikon Lens Series
- Left Side Hand Grip is Ergonomic and Strong
- Stainless Steel Controls are Ergonomic Marine Grade Stainless
- Lens Zoom Control Ready
- Camera Tray System is Interchangeable
- Auxiliary Front Shutter Control Button
Size and Weight
- Width: 200mm (7.75”)
- Height: 180mm (7”)
- Depth: 110mm (4.25”)
- Weight: 1700g (3.7lbs.) Housing with Back Plate, PG5 Pistol Grip, L-Side Grip and L-LP-65 Port.
- Polyurethane Body, Ports, Side Grip, Base Plate and Tray.
- Acrylic Back Plate.
- Stainless Steel and Durable Composite Controls.
- High Strength Polyurethane Resin and Rubber Pistol Grip
On the housing
- Front shutter button (not included on the standard model)
- Zoom control
On the STANDARD back plate
- Plain back plate with no controls
On the ADVANCED back plate
- Main Command Dial
- AF On
- AE/AF Lock
- Multi-Selector 4-Way plus OK
- Live View Selector Lv Button Combo Switch
- Zoom In
- Zoom out
- Soft Ergonomic Rubber Eye Cup
What’s in the Box of the Water Housing for Nikon D800 ?
- C2100 Water Housing with Front Shutter, Zoom Control and Electronic Cabling.
- Camera Base Plate and Tray.
- Back Plate with Controls.
- PG5 Dual Stage AF Pistol Grip with Wrist Leash.
- Left side Grip.
- L-LP-65 Port with Rubber Foam Cover (or credit towards the port of your choice).
- Tool kit – 3 Hex Keys (1.5mm, 2mm, 4mm), Spare Camera Plug and ILS Switch, 2 Spare 5×16 SS Hex screws, 2 spare 5x12mm SS Flat Head Machine Screws, Packet of Marine Grease.
Recommended Accessories View All>
Photographs are not to scale and do not represent the exact relative sizes of the respective products.
About the Nikon D800
Offering many of the features of Nikon’s most popular digital SLR’s, the Nikon D800 is a full-frame camera capable of shooting subjects from action sports to landscapes and portraits.
The Nikon D800 is built around a 36.3 megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor and powered by an EXPEED 3 image processor – enabling photographers and videographers to create the highest resolution photo and video. When shooting continuously, the D800 can shoot 4 frames per second (fps) and track moving subjects with its 51-point autofocus system which employs 15 cross-type points – enabling water sports and surf photographers to capture difficult shots. The ISO range for the D800 is 100-6,400 and capable of shooting in low light conditions. When shooting in video mode, the Nikon D800 can capture full HD at 1080p resolution at up to 60 frames per second (fps). The D800 also features built-in HDR capability. And with used and refurbished models selling for less than $2,500, the D800 can be a good choice for water and action sports photographers looking for a deal on a full-frame DSLR.
Full Cinematic Experience
Multimedia professionals, filmmakers and event photographers will love the Nikon D800. The camera has the best broadcast video quality, offering a full cinematic experience. The D800 allows you to produce your exact vision if you work in a manual mode. It also allows you to control the aperture, Auto Focus, ISO as well as the shutter speed. With the D800, you are able to record uncompressed files through HDMI and into an external recording device, through the HDMI.
You can widen your production perspective with either the Nikon DX or FX lens formats at full High Definition Capability of 1080p and an aspect ratio of 16:9. You can attach headphones directly into the camera and check the audio levels. It’s also possible to monitor input through peak audiometers as displayed on the LCD monitor of the camera. The microphone sensitivity can also be adjusted for up to 20 steps. Moreover, video can be possibly started or stopped remotely. You can also simultaneously live view through the LCD of the camera and into the external monitor when doing a recording.
36.3 Megapixel FX Format Advantage
Whether you are capturing surfing, other water sports such as windsurfing, kitesurfing, sailing, kayaking or if you rather shoot wedding videos, landscape and commercial images, the D800 will be the ultimate 36.3 megapixel FX format camera. With this camera, you can witness great tonal range and excellent precision that’s rendered to superior clarity, texture and depth. It’s also possible to create poster-sized prints with this camera without the need to sacrifice detail. You also get to explore creative opportunities through its wide ISO range of 100 to 6400, allowing you to shoot from dusk until dawn.
The Nikon D800 allows you to experience the new Advanced Scene Recognition feature of Nikon, which features a 91,000 pixels RGB light meter that’s capable of rendering an unprecedented level of accuracy. It’s also equipped with flash control system, face recognition technology and scene recognition system. The brand’s new EXPEED 3 image processing allows for the reduction of color phase shifts as seen with the lesser systems, which produces vibrant colors and rich tones, while also managing a massive amount of data at a breakthrough speed. With the Nikon D800 right in your hands, you will be able to achieve a whole new level of photography experience!
Fast and Precise 52 Point Wide Area Coverage
Precise Auto Focus detection is very important in order to sharply render each and every pixel of the Nikon D800’s massive resolution count. Having a highly improved 51-point Auto Focus system and a15 Cross Type Auto Focus sensors, not to mention versatile auto focus area mode as well as a remarkable AF detection feature, the camera is capable of delivering immediate and pinpoint focus even under a dim lighting.
The Nikon D800 is also capable of shooting fast and has a full resolution frame rate that’s up to 4 fps and 6 fps in a DX crop mode. It also has an ultra fast SD and CF card write times. And in order to achieve a productive workflow, as well as high-speed data processing through USB 3 is realized. The D800 is capable of responding precisely and immediately to even the most demanding photographers.