Water Housing for Nikon D500 Product Overview
Our C2100 Water Housing for Nikon D500 is sold as a ready to use kit. Just add your camera, lens, and you’re ready to start creating images in and around the water.
The C2100 kit includes:
- an extremely durable, impact resistant polyurethane resin water housing,
- an acrylic back plate with access to your DSLR’s essential controls,
- a pistol grip equipped with our proprietary dual-stage autofocus trigger which allows precise control of your lens focus,
- an interchangeable port (our Water Housing for Nikon D500 uses our L Mount Port Series),
- a rugged left side hand grip, a camera tray, an auxiliary front shutter button (on the advanced version only)
- and our ultra-smooth zoom control*
This is a complete water ready system; all you add is the camera and lens and you are equipped to go.
Our Liquid Eye Model C2100 Water Housing for Nikon D500 is compatible with over 20 others different camera bodies. All that is needed to switch from one to another is to switch the camera tray, the back plate (for Advanced Models only), the camera plug (if the two cameras use different plugs) and the Shutter Extender (for Advanced Models only).
This complete housing system is affordably priced with no hidden fees – your price already includes handling and shipping.
* Zoom lenses require a gear sleeve to engage the water housings zoom control. These are subject to additional cost.
- Housing made from High-strength, Durable Polyurethane Resin
- Acrylic Back Plate (12mm / 1/2″ thick)
- Pistol Grip is Dual Stage AF/Shutter (allows for both focusing and firing using one button) with Wrist Leash
- Port is Interchangeable L Mount Port System for the Nikon Lens Series
- Removable Left Side Hand Grip is Ergonomic and Strong
- Stainless Steel Controls are Ergonomic Marine Grade Stainless
- Lens Zoom Control Ready
- Camera Tray System is Interchangeable
- Auxiliary Front Shutter Control Button
Size and Weight
- Width: 200mm (7.75”)
- Height: 180mm (7”)
- Depth: 110mm (4.25”)
- Weight: 1700g (3.7lbs.) Housing with Back Plate, PG5 Pistol Grip, L-Side Grip and L-LP-65 Port.
- Polyurethane Body, Ports, Side Grip, Base Plate and Tray.
- Acrylic Back Plate.
- Stainless Steel and Durable Composite Controls.
- Polyester Resin and Fiberglass Pistol Grip.
On the Housing
- Front shutter button (not included on the standard model)
- Zoom control
On the STANDARD back plate
- Plain back plate with no controls
On the ADVANCED back plate
- Main Command Dial
- AF On
- Multi-Selector 4-Way plus OK
- Live View Selector Lv Button Combo Switch
- Zoom In
- Soft Ergonomic Rubber Eye Cup
What’s in the Box of the Water Housing for Nikon D500 ?
- C2100 Water Housing with Front Shutter, Zoom Control and Electronic Cabling.
- Camera Base Plate and Tray.
- Back Plate with Controls.
- PG5 Dual Stage AF Pistol Grip with Wrist Leash.
- Left side Grip.
- L-LP-65 Port with Rubber Foam Cover (or credit towards the port of your choice).
- Tool kit – 3 Hex Keys (1.5mm, 2mm, 4mm), Spare Camera Plug and ILS Switch, 2 Spare 5×16 SS Hex screws, 2 spare 5x12mm SS Flat Head Machine Screws, Packet of Marine Grease.
Recommended Accessories View All>
Photographs are not to scale and do not represent the exact relative sizes of the respective products.
About the Nikon D500
A solid choice for professional photographers and very serious hobbyists, the Nikon D500 offers many of the features of the flagship D5, but at a more affordable price point.
The Nikon D500 has been built around a 20.9 megapixel DX-Format CMOS digital sensor and powered by an EXPEED 5 processor for high performance action and sports photography – both in the water and on land.
The D500’s upgraded ISO sensitivity stretches from 100 to 51,200 – allowing low light photography. The EXPEED 5 processor enables continuous shooting at up to 10 frames per second (fps) – perfect for action sports photographers shooting in the surf or from land. The D500 runs on a new Multi-CAM 20K autofocus system which features a full 153 autofocus points, including 99 cross-type points – able to track fast-moving subjects for action or adventure sports. In addition to being a top-notch camera for action stills, the D500 is capable of shooting cinematic-quality Ultra High Definition (UHD) 4K video at up to 30 fps or Full HD 1080p at 60 frames per second.
The back panel is equipped with a fully adjustable touch screen LCD, enabling photographers to compose their shots from difficult/awkward angles that would otherwise be impossible. The Nikon D500 also features a Pentaprism single-lens reflex viewfinder to see the photo exactly as it looks through the lens.
Small But Powerful
The Nikon D500 is known for being sleek and beautiful. It can be used anywhere you go and will bring along some of the most stunning images and performances. It’s equipped with a lot of power built within a small camera body.
Thanks to the camera’s DX sensor. It means that you can possibly take advantage of the lighter and smaller lenses of the NIKKOR line of lenses. Thus, this camera is great for travel fanatics. As you know, when you are traveling, every ounce of your luggage definitely counts.
One of the best things about the Nikon D500 is that there is no need for you to sacrifice the image quality just to enjoy portability. The camera has the perfect balance with its CMOS sensor of 20.9 megapixel, allowing you to capture images with exquisite details as well as rich color and texture. Having the D500 by your side, you can go hiking in the lush landscapes or enjoy a safari adventure. The camera is effortless, unobtrusive and always on the go.
Just like each and every Nikon DSLR camera, the Nikon D500 can be best paired with the company’s legendary NIKKOR lenses. These lenses are known for their exceptional clarity and unequalled versatility.
The brand’s NIKKOR legacy is definitely unmatched. In fact, more than 95 million of these lenses have already been sold to date. Each lens provides a unique view from which you can capture memories. Whether you are shooting portraits or landscapes, these lenses are surely your best of friend.
You can also extend your range of shooting with the lightweight DX NIKKOR 55-200mm. This is ideal for taking images of parades, distant architecture and sports. Regardless of your preferences, pairing your Nikon D500 with any of the NIKKOR lenses will surely lead you to outstanding images!
Bursting With New Technology
The new Nikon D500 is definitely a technical marvel in the world of photography. It is the result of the brand’s tireless stride towards producing the world’s best DSLRs. In order to capture life’s most fleeting moments, a camera should have the most incredible speed. The Nikon D500 features the EXPEED 5 processor, which opens up to a whole new world of level of photography. It processes image quick enough, up to ten frames per second. With this feature, you will never miss the most important moments.
The D500’s newly developed multi-cam autofocus system offers 153 AF points, which includes the 99 cross type points. Together, this allows you to produce images that can perfectly match with your vision.
The camera is also the first ever DX camera of Nikon that makes use of the XQD, a memory card technology capable of providing a faster read and write transfer speed, allowing you to take full advantage of the camera’s exceptional speed. If you are not yet read to upgrade to the XQD, you can take advantage of the camera’s dual memory slots capable of accepting SD media. Even if this camera is compact in size, it certainly packs a whole lot of punch!