Water Housing for Canon 70D Product Overview
Our C2100 Water housing for Canon 70D is sold as a ready to use kit ; just add your camera, lens, and you’re ready to start creating images in and around the water.
The C2100 kit includes:
- an extremely durable, impact resistant polyurethane resin water housing,
- an acrylic back plate with access to your DSLR’s essential controls,
- a pistol grip equipped with our proprietary dual-stage autofocus trigger which allows precise control of your lens focus,
- an interchangeable port (our Water Housing for Canon 70D uses our L Mount Port Series),
- a rugged left side hand grip, a camera tray, an auxiliary front shutter button (on the advanced version only)
- and our ultra-smooth zoom control*
This is a complete water ready system; all you add is the camera and lens and you are equipped to go.
Our Liquid Eye Model C2100 Water housing for Canon 70D is compatible with several different other camera bodies, all that is needed to switch from one to another is to switch the camera tray, the back plate (for Advanced Models only), the camera plug (if the two cameras use different plugs) and the Shutter Extender (for Advanced Models only).
* Zoom lenses require a gear sleeve to engage the water housings zoom control. These are subject to additional cost.
- Housing made from High-strength, Durable Polyurethane resin
- Acrylic Back Plate (12mm / 1/2″ thick)
- Pistol Grip is Dual Stage AF/Shutter (allows for both focusing and firing using one button)
- Port is Interchangeable L Mount Port System for the Nikon Lens Series
- Left Side Hand Grip is Ergonomic and Strong
- Stainless Steel Controls are Ergonomic Marine Grade Stainless
- Lens Zoom Control Ready
- Camera Tray System is Interchangeable
- Auxiliary Front Shutter Control Button
Size and Weight
- Width: 200mm (7.75”)
- Height: 180mm (7”)
- Depth: 110mm (4.25”)
- Weight: 1700g (3.7lbs.) Housing with Back Plate, PGXII Pistol Grip, L-Side Grip and L-LP-65 Port.
- Polyurethane Body, Ports, Side Grip, Base Plate and Tray.
- Acrylic Back Plate.
- Stainless Steel and Durable Composite Controls.
- High Strength Polyurethane Resin and Rubber Pistol Grip
On the housing
- Front shutter button (not included on the standard model)
- Zoom control
On the STANDARD back plate
- Plain Back Plate with no Controls
On the ADVANCED back plate
- AF Point Selection
- AF On
- Quick Control (Q Menu)
- Multi-Controller 1-Way
- Live View Shooting Movie Combo Switch with Start/Stop Button
- Soft Ergonomic Rubber Eye Cup
What’s in the Box of the Water Housing for Canon 70D ?
- C2100 Water Housing with Front Shutter, Zoom Control and Electronic Cabling
- Camera Tray and Base Plate
- Acrylic Back Plate with Controls
- PGXII Dual Stage AF Pistol Grip
- Left Side Hand Grip
- Tool kit – 3 Hex Keys (1.5mm, 2mm, 4mm), Spare Camera Plug and ILS Switch, 2 Spare 5×16 SS Hex screws, 2 spare 5x12mm SS Flat Head Machine Screws, Packet of Marine Grease.
Recommended Accessories View all
Photographs are not to scale and do not represent the exact relative sizes of the respective products.
About the Canon EOS 70D
Improving the features from the 60D, Canon launched the 70D in early 2014. This prosumer DSLR is designed for serious amateurs and aspiring pro photographers looking for the widest range of features possible in an affordable camera.
The Canon 70D DSLR is built around a 20.2 megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor powered by a DIGIC 5+ image processor. Sports and action shooters can capture sequences at an improved 7 frames per second (fps) and track fast moving subjects with an upgraded 19 point cross-type autofocus system. Video capture on the 70D is also boosted to Full HD 1080p quality at 30 fps or 60 fps at standard 720p HD. The autofocus tracks the subject automatically – giving a cinematic quality to video projects created with this camera.
The ISO range for the 70D has been boosted to 100-12,800, allowing action photography in challenging lighting conditions that action sports photographers often face. Menus are quickly accessible via a touchscreen, and the back panel LCD monitor is adjustable, allowing for easy viewing of the image in live view mode when the camera is shooting from otherwise difficult angles. The Canon 70D is available as a used or refurbished model for less than $800 – a good option for photographers who wish to get started in water and action sports photography for an affordable price.