Water Housing for Canon 5D Product Overview
Our C2100 Water housing for Canon 5D is sold as a ready to use kit. Just add your camera, lens, and you’re ready to start creating images in and around the water.
The C2100 kit includes:
- an extremely durable, impact resistant polyurethane resin water housing,
- an acrylic back plate with access to your DSLR’s essential controls,
- a pistol grip equipped with our proprietary dual-stage autofocus trigger which allows precise control of your lens focus,
- an interchangeable port (our Water Housing for Canon 5D uses our L Mount Port Series),
- a rugged left side hand grip, a camera tray, an auxiliary front shutter button (on the advanced version only)
- and our ultra-smooth zoom control*
This is a complete water ready system; all you add is the camera and lens and you are equipped to go.
Our Liquid Eye Model C2100 Water housing for Canon 5D is compatible with over 20 different other camera bodies. All that is needed to switch from one to another is to switch the camera tray, the back plate (for Advanced Models only), the camera plug (if the two cameras use different plugs) and the Shutter Extender (for Advanced Models only).
* Zoom lenses require a gear sleeve to engage the water housings zoom control. These are subject to additional cost.
- Housing made from High-strength, Durable Polyurethane resin
- Acrylic Back Plate (12mm / 1/2″ thick)
- Pistol Grip is Dual Stage AF/Shutter (allows for both focusing and firing using one button)
- Port is Interchangeable L Mount Port System for the Nikon Lens Series
- Left Side Hand Grip is Ergonomic and Strong
- Stainless Steel Controls are Ergonomic Marine Grade Stainless
- Lens Zoom Control Ready
- Camera Tray System is Interchangeable
- Auxiliary Front Shutter Control Button
Size and Weight
- Width: 200mm (7.75”)
- Height: 180mm (7”)
- Depth: 110mm (4.25”)
- Weight: 1700g (3.7lbs.) Housing with Back Plate, PGXII Pistol Grip, L-Side Grip and L-LP-65 Port.
- Polyurethane Body, Ports, Side Grip, Base Plate and Tray.
- Acrylic Back Plate.
- Stainless Steel and Durable Composite Controls.
- High Strength Polyurethane Resin and Rubber Pistol Grip
On the housing
- Front shutter button (not included on the standard model)
- Zoom control
On the STANDARD back plate
- Plain Back Plate with no Controls
On the ADVANCED back plate
- AF Point Selection
- Back AF On (On Star Button)
- Multi-Controller 2-Way (Q mode)
- AE Lock / Zoom In
- Rear Quick Control Dial
- Soft Ergonomic Rubber Eye Cup
What’s in the Box of the Water Housing for Canon 5D ?
- C2100 Water Housing with Front Shutter, Zoom Control and Electronic Cabling
- Camera Tray and Base Plate
- Acrylic Back Plate with Controls
- PGXII Dual Stage AF Pistol Grip.
- Left Side Hand Grip
- Tool kit – 3 Hex Keys (1.5mm, 2mm, 4mm), Spare Camera Plug and ILS Switch, 2 Spare 5×16 SS Hex screws, 2 spare 5x12mm SS Flat Head Machine Screws, Packet of Marine Grease.
Recommended Accessories View all
Photographs are not to scale and do not represent the exact relative sizes of the respective products.
About the Canon EOS 5D
With the launch of the Canon 5D series in August 2005, surf and underwater photographers were given an affordable option in a lightweight and relatively compact full-frame digital SLR. In the more than ten years since the launch of the 5D, this line of cameras has become the tool of choice for professional surf photographers to aspiring amateurs.
12.7 Megapixel and Full-Frame CMOS sensor
Featuring a 12.7 megapixel full frame optical CMOS CCD sensor, the Canon 5D produces RAW files of up to 4,368 x 2,912 pixels at a burst rate of 3.0 frames per second. This is a bit slow for action shooting, but with used models of this camera available at less than $500, the 5D can be an affordable option if you’re just getting started with water photography.
With an ISO range of 50-1600, the Canon 5D offers water shooters the ability to capture surf and underwater images in a wide range of lighting conditions. Weighing in at 1.79 pounds, the alloy body of the DSLR is light enough for a long swim, but strong and sturdy for work in the field. With a maximum shutter speed of 1/8000th of a second, the 5D can freeze the fastest action in sports photography.
Considered as the world’s best landscape and portrait camera for less than $8,000, this camera is definitely a steal. The images it captures are truly fantastic and it will run forever in only a single charge. Unlike the pro cameras that are a bit heavy, the 5D is light enough to take into your backpack and carry anywhere you go. And although the 5D may not be as tough as the Nikon pro, however, if your subject holds still and you are not shooting in the rain, the camera can exceed the technical attributes of the pro.
The Canon EOS 5D is not like the other digital SLR that you may be familiar of. It features a full frame high-resolution sensor of 12.8 megapixel and a relatively compact body. The camera is slightly bigger than the EOS 20D, however in your hand, you will feel that it is way lighter.
High Quality DSLR
The 5D is aimed to slot in between the EOS-1D and the EOS 20D professional digital cameras. A significant difference if compared to the EOS 20D is that the 5D does not have any environmental seals. Although Canon cannot specifically refer to the 5D as a professional digital SLR, it will have an obvious appeal to professional photographers who will prefer a high quality digital SLR with a body that is lighter compared to the EOS 1D. No doubt, it will also appeal to the current owners of 20D.
For most photographers, a sensor that has similar size of the frame of a 35 mm film, known as the full frame, is considered the Holy Grail of the DSLR technology. This is exactly what you can expect from Canon EOS 5D. The camera promises a familiar shooting experience on its viewfinder size, at the lens angle of view and on certain aspects of the picture’s look. Up until now, this object of lust among photographers used to be available for more than $8,000, or on those cameras that are equipped with significant design features and several performance quirks. However, Canon’s EOS 5D has totally changed that. It combines the amazing features of a 23.9mm x 35.8mm sensor, 12.8-megapixel and a midsize body, which costs way less than the fully frame alternatives.
Smallest Full frame DSLR
Considered as the lightest and smallest full frame digital SLR, the Canon 5D operates without any conversion factor. It has a larger 2.5-inch LCD screen that can be possibly viewed even at an extreme angle of up to 170 degrees. Consecutive shooting features allow for the capture of 3.0 frames per second, up to 60 consecutive JPEG.
The Canon 5D’s performance and design are impressive. Its features are unexceptional despite the very reasonable price. Its high-resolution images feature rich tonality, superb detail and incredibly low noise. If your main concern is the image quality you will love the Canon 5D. It’s also great for those who are a sucker for full frame cameras but do not want to spend $8,000. With the Canon 5D, you get to save more than $4,000 bucks!