Water Housing for Canon 700D Rebel T5i Kiss X7i Product Overview
Our C2050 Water Housing for Canon 700D Rebel T5i Kiss X7i is sold as a ready to use kit ; just add your camera, lens, and you’re ready to start creating images in and around the water.
The C2050 kit includes
- an extremely durable, impact resistant polyurethane resin water housing
- an acrylic back plate with access to your DSLR’s essential controls
- a pistol grip equipped with our proprietary dual-stage autofocus trigger which allows precise control of your lens focus
- an interchangeable port (Our C2050 Water Housing for Canon 700D Rebel T5i Kiss X7i uses our M Mount Port Series)
- a rugged left side hand grip, a camera tray
- an auxiliary front shutter button (on the advanced version only) and our ultra-smooth zoom control*
This is a complete water ready system; all you add is the camera and lens and you are equipped to go.
Our Liquid Eye Model C2050 Water Housing for Canon 700D Rebel T5i Kiss X7i is compatible with several others different camera bodies. All that is needed to switch from one to another is to switch the camera tray, the back plate (for Advanced Models only), the camera plug (if the two cameras use different plugs) and the Shutter Extender (for Advanced Models only).
* Zoom lenses require a gear sleeve to engage the water housings zoom control. These are subject to additional cost.
- Housing made from High-strength, Durable Polyurethane resin
- Acrylic Back Plate (12mm / 1/2″ thick)
- Pistol Grip is Dual Stage AF/Shutter (allows for both focusing and firing using one button)
- Port is Interchangeable L Mount Port System for the Nikon Lens Series
- Left Side Hand Grip is Ergonomic and Strong
- Stainless Steel Controls are Ergonomic Marine Grade Stainless
- Lens Zoom Control Ready
- Camera Tray System is Interchangeable
- Auxiliary Front Shutter Control Button
Size and Weight
- Width: 165mm (6.5”)
- Height: 150mm (5.9”)
- Depth: 110mm (4.25”)
- Weight: 1350g (2.9lbs.) Housing with Back Plate, PG5 Pistol Grip, L-Side Grip and M-LP-65 Port.
- Polyurethane Body, Ports, Side Grip, Base Plate and Tray.
- Acrylic Back Plate.
- Stainless Steel and Durable Composite Controls.
- High Strength Polyurethane Resin and Rubber Pistol Grip
On the housing
- Front shutter button (not included on the standard model)
- Zoom control
On the STANDARD back plate
- Plain Back Plate with no Controls
On the Advanced back plate
- Video On/Off Toggle
- AF On
- Quick Control (Q Menu)
- Multi-Controller 1-Way
- Live View Shooting Movie
- Soft Ergonomic Rubber Eye Cup
What’s in the Box for the Water Housing for Canon 700D rebel T5i Kiss X7i ?
- C2050 Water Housing with Front Shutter, Zoom Control and Electronic Cabling.
- Camera Base Plate and Tray.
- Back Plate with Controls.
- PGXII Dual Stage AF Pistol Grip
- Left side Grip.
- Tool kit – 3 Hex Keys (1.5mm, 2mm, 4mm), Spare Camera Plug and ILS Switch, 2 Spare 5×16 SS Hex screws, 2 spare 5x12mm SS Flat Head Machine Screws, Packet of Marine Grease.
Recommended Accessories View all
Photographs are not to scale and do not represent the exact relative sizes of the respective products.
About the Canon EOS 700D/Rebel T5i/Kiss X7i
Launched mid June 2013 the Canon 700D or Rebel T5i or Kiss X7i is as its predecessor an entry-level DLSR Camera, it also has the same 18.0 MP APS-C sensor. Most of what is valid for the Canon 600D will be for the 700D with a little bit of extras here and there.
Its native ISO range is extended to 12800 (it was only 6400 on the 600D). The frame rate has been increased from 4 fps to 5 fps which is a very good point for shooting water sports. Canon claims it can manage this rate up to 30 frames of JPEG (it will also depends on the memory card you will use). It is only 10 grams heavier than the 600D (580 vs 570), but this does not make a significant difference.
It is easy to say the Canon 700D is a natural evolution of the 600D and 650D.
The Canon 700D can be considered as a great mid-range camera and because of the launch of newer models its price dropped which make it a good value camera to use in a water housing.
The phase detect autofocus point introduced in the 650D is also a nice feature of the 700D and can be useful in some situations.
The 700D is very good at holding focus on moving subjects during continuous shooting. This is made possible by the 9 AF sensors, as they are crossed type, they increase the AF efficiency.
3 modes of AF are available such as One shot, AI Focus or AI Servo.
The 700D is also equipped with a touch screen, not very useful when using it in a water housing but it is good to have when it is available.
As its predecessors, the 700D is well equipped with controls on a nice and easy lay out and a large choice of single function buttons.
The Q button will turn the LCD screen on and will give a very wide range of functions and values. In a water housing the Q mode is a very important additional value given to all the cameras equipped with this feature. With only 3 controls (Q button, back dial and multicontroler) you can change about 90% of the values. This is one of the best control ever added on a camera when it comes to enclose it in a water housing as it makes the controls very easy to operate.
The 3 inches screen is pin sharp, and it is very bright too, it can be adjusted at 7 different level of brightness. You can see your subject when shooting outdoor on a bright day or review photos of your shots at the line up waiting for the next wave.
The 700D as also a real time viewing of creative filters. Which means you make adjustments at the exposure time and not at the post processing stage.
Canon announces the battery life is 550 shots if you use the viewfinder and 200 shots if you use the live view.
The 700D accepts SD, SDHC and SDXC memory cards. As the other Rebels it is delivered with an eyecup, a battery pack, a charger, a camera strap, a USB interface cable and, of course, a CD-Rom software with a printed manual.
The 700D produces good video and stills images. It also has enough bells and whistles to get good shots in a water housing. The AF is very good.
The Canon 700D is a very nice little camera and it will make many of water photographers happy without harming too much their budget.