Water Housing for Canon 5D Mk II Product Overview
Our C2100 Water housing for Canon 5D Mk II is sold as a ready to use kit. Just add your camera, lens, and you’re ready to start creating images in and around the water.
The C2100 kit includes:
- an extremely durable, impact resistant polyurethane resin water housing,
- an acrylic back plate with access to your DSLR’s essential controls,
- a pistol grip equipped with our proprietary dual-stage autofocus trigger which allows precise control of your lens focus,
- an interchangeable port (our Water Housing for Canon 5D Mk II uses our L Mount Port Series),
- a rugged left side hand grip, a camera tray, an auxiliary front shutter button (on the advanced version only)
- and our ultra-smooth zoom control*
This is a complete water ready system; all you add is the camera and lens and you are equipped to go.
Our Liquid Eye Model C2100 Water housing for Canon 5D Mk II is compatible with over 20 different other camera bodies. All that is needed to switch from one to another is to switch the camera tray, the back plate (for Advanced Models only), the camera plug (if the two cameras use different plugs) and the Shutter Extender (for Advanced Models only).
This complete housing system is affordably priced with no hidden fees – your price already includes handling and shipping.
* Zoom lenses require a gear sleeve to engage the water housings zoom control. These are subject to additional cost.
- Housing made from High-strength, Durable Polyurethane Resin
- Acrylic Back Plate (12mm / 1/2″ thick)
- Pistol Grip is Dual Stage AF/Shutter (allows for both focusing and firing using one button) with Wrist Leash
- Port is Interchangeable L Mount Port System for the Canon Lens Series
- Removable Left Side Hand Grip is Ergonomic and Strong
- Stainless Steel Controls are Ergonomic Marine Grade Stainless
- Lens Zoom Control Ready
- Camera Tray System is Interchangeable
- Auxiliary Front Shutter Control Button
Size and Weight
- Width: 200mm (7.75”)
- Height: 180mm (7”)
- Depth: 110mm (4.25”)
- Weight: 1700g (3.7lbs.) Housing with Back Plate, PG5 Pistol Grip, L-Side Grip and L-LP-65 Port
- High Strength Polyurethane Resin Body, Ports, Side Grip, Camera Tray and Base Plate
- Acrylic Back Plate
- Marine Grade Stainless Steel and Durable Composite Controls
- High Strength Polyurethane Resin and Rubber Pistol Grip
- 10 meters (33 ft.)
On the housing
- Front Shutter Button (not included on the standard model)
- Zoom Control
On the Standard Back Plate
- No Controls on the Acrylic Back Plate
On the Advanced Back Plate
- AF Point Selection
- AF On (on Star Button)
- Multi-Controller 2-Way (Q Menu)
- Rear Quick Control Dial
- Soft Ergonomic Rubber Eye Cup
What’s in the Box of the Water Housing for Canon 5D MK II ?
- C2100 Water Housing with Front Shutter, Zoom Control and Electronic Cabling
- Camera Tray and Base Plate
- Acrylic Back Plate with Controls
- PG5 Dual Stage AF Pistol Grip with Wrist Leash.
- Left Side Hand Grip
- L-LP-65 Port with Rubber Foam Cover (or credit towards the port of your choice)
- Tool kit – 3 Hex Keys (1.5mm, 2mm, 4mm), Spare Camera Plug and ILS Switch, 2 Spare 5×16 SS Hex screws, 2 spare 5x12mm SS Flat Head Machine Screws, Packet of Marine Grease.
Recommended Accessories View All>
Photographs are not to scale and do not represent the exact relative sizes of the respective products.
About the Canon 5D Mk II
Canon dramatically raised the bar for the 5D series with the unveiling of the Canon 5D Mark II digital SLR in September 2008. The resolution of the sensor was nearly doubled to 21.1 megapixels (compared to the original 5D), but it was the addition of full HD 1920 x 1080 video capture that made the 5D Mark II into a revolutionary tool for surf and underwater photographers.
Powerful DIGIC 4 Processor
Among the latest innovation introduced by Canon is the new DIGIC 4 Processor. Packed with a 14-bit analog to digital conversion, it gives photographers a smoother gradation even when shooting mono-tonal areas. This powerful processor also enables shutterbugs to capture a long uninterrupted continuous burst of large JPEG files while relying on the system to allow fast review after shooting. To complement the low-noise images of the machine, the processor provides improved noise reduction algorithms.
Improved CMOS Sensor
The Canon 5D Mark II comes with fresh and newly designed CMOS sensor features. Its sensitivity and low-light capabilities have an ISO range of 100-6400 and this can be expanded to 50, 12,800 and 25,600. Because of its 6.4µm2 pixels, the unit is capable of capturing more light which translates to better signal to noise ratio. This means that within its ISO range, anyone can take crisp and vivid photos. In addition, photographers are given finer control over the depth of field as it has 98% coverage viewfinder.
HD Video Capture
The Canon 5D Mark II is the flagship’s first DSLR that packs full HD 1920×1080 video capture. From its Live View mode, photographers are able to shoot single or continuous stills and still have the video capture functionality running even after capturing the final frame.
This feature is also bolstered by its 9-point auto precision focus system. There are six invisible Assist AF points, which helps in optimizing subject tracking while the camera is in AI SERVO AF mode. Even during conditions when lighting is tricky, Mark II’s spot metering only covers 3.5 percent of the frame, which gives off an accurate exposure reading.
The continuous shooting speed (frame rate) was boosted to 3.9 frames per second – making the 5D Mark II a better tool for action sports shooters while the Q mode feature offers water shooters an easy way to access popular camera setting features while the camera is in the Liquid Eye water housing.
With a powerful processor, the Canon 5D Mark II also comes with a new menu and redesigned interface. To instantly access the commonly changed settings, a Quick Control screen is provided.
Photographers can also enter the new Creative Auto mode which will allow them to stop controlling the key settings of the camera while still maintaining control over other creative factors like image brightness, drive mode and background blur, among others. The camera’s Custom User setting enables the switch between different camera set-ups in an instant. This functionality makes it easier for any user to quickly switch settings when working in two different environments.
VGA Resolution LCD
The Canon 5D Mark II comes with a new 3.0-inch VGA resolution LCD which gives users a wide 170-degree angle-of-view. This provides a lot of clarity for checking accurate focus while in playback mode.
Its smart screen can also automatically adjust to suit viewing conditions, which doubles as a battery life-extending feature. For remote shooting, the unit can easily be connected to a PC or a laptop.
Wireless File Transmitter
An optional feature of the Mark II is the Wireless File Transmitter (WFT-E4), which provides GPS compatibility, and external HDD. Additionally, it allows photographers to transmit images directly to a computer or an FTP server. With this functionality, anyone can operate the unit wirelessly.
For better shooting capacity, Canon 5D Mark II has optional accessories like the 1800mAh Lithium-ion Battery. Another optional accessory for shooting flexibility is the Battery Grip BG-E6.
Even as an earlier version of 5D series the Canon 5D Mark II is still a viable option for water photographers, with used or refurbished models selling for $2000. The unit can also be purchased with an additional warranty and accident protection so anyone can enjoy the camera for a longer time.